Journey of TTC & Pregnancy

This blog is detailing my trial and tribulations with getting pg, pg, and trying again after a loss.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

What I have Learned!!

I have learned several things as a result of my losses. First, I have learned never to take pregnancy or getting pregnant for granted. Before I even started trying to conceive I thought it would be easy to get pregnant and once I was nothing would go wrong. Well, I have been lucky in that it has not been that difficult for me to get pregnant. I feel so bad for women who try for years and have no luck with getting pregnant. It breaks my heart all these women go through to have a baby, while some people who do not even want children can get pregnant just by blowing on them. You know what I mean when I say that, just that they are extremely fertile. I just do not know how that is fair.

Ever since I lost my first baby I have never taken for granted that just because I am pregnant that it will result in a healthy baby after 40 weeks. I probably will never see 40 weeks (due to ptl and cervix issues) with a pregnancy. When I got pregnant with my first baby I never thought I would loose a baby or that anything could go wrong, so when it did I was a shock. For my second pregnancy, I never took for granted any moment that I was pregnant. I was very happy to be pregnant and enjoyed every ache, pain, and sickness that came with pregnancy. Sure I complained a little, as my heartburn was murder, but I did not complain that much. I know that when I got pregnant again I will never complain about anything during my pregnancy, I will never say things like geez I am only 6 weeks or whatever, I will never say I cannot believe I have this many weeks left. Instead I will be saying o.k. I am 20 weeks, 21 weeks, 22 weeks, etc. I will embrace every week that I am pregnant as a gift from god. It is such a miracle to have a baby growing inside of you, a miracle that should always be treasured.

I have also learned that you never know what will happen in life, as you could die the next day or your life could be turned upside down by an event. I learned this when I was on bedrest in the hospital. With this in mind I have started doing things that I keep putting off as there was always tomorrow. Well, there might not be so I figured I should do all these things that I wanted to do now. Not saying that you should go and do anything extravagant, just those little projects such are refinishing a dresser or painting that needs to get done.

I learned that my family is wonderful and I can always count on them. When I was on the strict bedrest in the hospital my mother and husband were always there with me. They would do everything they could for me, even emptying my bedpan. When I came home they still took care of me until I was able to do things for myself. My sister, aunt, and other family members also called me frequently to see how I was doing. If I did not have them I do not know if I would have gotten through everything as well as I did. I treasure every moment I have with them and let them know how much I love them.

I have learned so much more, but I will end this for now. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home